Today you will enjoy the method to enable SSH: an incredibly easy method that works for all. So let’s start and learn how to enable SSH via WHM CPanel. Often if you are a client of Inmotion hosting then Shell access enable by default. But if Shell access is not enabled then contact with your hosting. Enable this and after that proceed to enable SSH via WHM CPanel.
When SSH access not enabled then you get an error like shown below.
So first enable this by contacting with hosting company.
How to Enable SSH Via WHM CPanel
Now just see how to enable SSH via WHM CPanel. By this method, you can enable SSH on VPS also through WHM.
- Login to WHM.
- Now just go to Account Functions. You can also see here as under picture.
- Here you will select Modify Account
- After it, just select the account and hit on Modify
- Lastly, scroll down here you will get an option of Shell Access check box. Just check this for enabling and hit save.
- Furthermore, for enabling this for all accounts. Select the second option for enabling SSH for all CPanel account which is in the same package.
- Hit proceed button.
- Now just try to access via SSH and you will get a message like showing below.
It was the method to enable SSH via WHM CPanel. But if you face difficulty to enable SSH via WHM CPanel then it’s better to contact your hosting. Because they can tell you a better solution.
If you like this article then don’t forget to subscribe our blog for upcoming posts. You can also follow us on Twitter. By the way, that’s are sensitive operation so before applying on your online site first try on offline sites. While you can also try these options on your local host server. But if you face any difficulty you can search out on Global Blurb. Where you can find every type of solution regarding WordPress.