If you don’t know how to access header.php file in WordPress. Then here I am writing an article with screenshots to understand about it in depth. Keep in mind while editing this file wrong coding can affect your site. So before editing this file, read in-depth about the coding which you want to place in this file.
How To Edit Header.PHP File In WordPress?
There are two ways to edit Header.PHP file in WordPress.
- First one is via WordPress dashboard.
- The second one is via CPanel.
Access Header.PHP File Via WP-Admin Dashboard
The file located in your theme files so you need to access the files of the theme. First, you will see the method to access this via WP Admin Dashboard.
- Login your WordPress dashboard.
- Click on Appearance » Editor. After it, you will see a list of files on the right side.
- Now find header.php. You can also find by pressing Ctrl+F, a search bar will open here just write the desired word and hit enter.
Access Header.PHP File Via CPanel
This is the method to edit WordPress Header.PHP using CPanel.
- Login your CPanel account.
- Now find out File manager.
- Click on Go button. Open Public HTML folder.
- Now open the wp-content folder.
- Here you will see themes folder just click on it for open the folder.
- On the next screen, you will see themes just open the activated theme and search for the this file.
Well done! you have learned the method to access Header.PHP file of WordPress via WP Admin Dashboard and CPanel. If you face any difficult to access this file then you can leave a comment in the comment section. If you like this then don’t forget to follow us on the Twitter.